Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
12 posts Page 2 of 2

Thanks.

I had a look and, as you explained, the arrangement is that the products (cloned-pages) are defined in 'product-vouchers.php', the <cms:paypal_processor> tag is also placed in the same template. The paypal_buttons, however, are shown on a different template 'vouchers.php'.

If you take a look at the code generated by the paypal buttons on 'vouchers.php', you'll notice that URL specified for the IPN handler is 'vouchers.php' -
Code: Select all
<input type="hidden" value="http://wish-photography.co.uk/vouchers.php?paypal_ipn=1" name="notify_url"/>

Our IPN handler is the <cms:paypal_processor> tag and it is on the other template ('product-vouchers.php').

So clearly the IPN is never going to reach our handler. That would explain why you did not get the IPNs in the first place.

To rectify the situation, I explicitly told the paypal_button about the correct location of the IPN handler.
Made the following change to only one of your products as displayed in 'vouchers.php' (do the same for the others) -

Orig:
<cms:pages masterpage="product-vouchers.php" page_name="cakemash-voucher">
    <cms:paypal_button image="8" show_shipping="1"/>
</cms:pages>

Modified:
    <cms:paypal_button image="8" show_shipping="1" processor="<cms:link 'product-vouchers.php' />" />

And now I when I tested, I could get and verify the IPN as expected.

Hope this helps.

Thanks KK, of course it helps :)

The sad part is that I had already been there. I've read the documentation, but didn't properly used the link for the processor property.

This is how I did it, what a fool :D :lol:

<cms:paypal_button image="8" show_shipping="1" processor="product-vouchers.php" />
12 posts Page 2 of 2