Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

Currently following instructions on setting up Aurelius template. I entered this to update the date format: "<cms:date k_page_date format='jS M, y'/>", saved and refreshed (cleared cache in browser etc) but it doesn't update to show the current date, it is stuck on 28th of July see attached photo. However if I go to just "blog.php" the date shows up correctly. I've tried it on both Safari and Chrome. Would appreciate any input.

Attachments

Hi,

Please access the edit screen of the page in question in the admin-panel - take a look at the 'Publish date' (accessed from "advanced settings' dropdown). Your code should show that date.

If it does not, try placing a <cms:dump_all /> tag in your code (somewhere after the <cms:show k_page_title /> statement).
Take a look at all the current values of the page.

That should help in troubleshooting the issue.
Hi KK,

Thanks for replying. I checked the published date in Admin panel and it is showing at 28 July... So it will show the published date and not the current date on the actual page, correct?
it will show the published date and not the current date on the actual page

Yes, that is correct. The 'k_page_date' is the publish date. The <cms:date> tag is only being used to format it.
<cms:date k_page_date format='jS M, y'/>

If you need to show the current date, you may use the <cms:date> tag without any explicit date value as follows -
Code: Select all
<cms:date format='jS M, y'/>

When no date is provided, the <cms:date> tag defaults to show the current date.

Hope it helps.
KK,

Thanks for the clarification and for the tip on how to set automatic date update.
5 posts Page 1 of 1