Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey there. My client wants a mega menu in his site. But I couldn't figure out how can I do it with couch cms. Is nested pages tag useful for this situation? I added an example of menu at bottom. Can someone help me please?

Attachments

Hi,

Looking at the attached image, it appears that the 'Research' item is actually listing out the pages contained within it.
If that is the case, then you can use regular <cms:pages> to show that kind of listing in the mega menu.

I don't think the top level menu needs to be dynamic (i.e. the client can set what gets shown there and in which order). So we can use direct HTML code to create the top level and then for the mega dropdowns use <cms:pages>, as mentioned above, to output the child items.

Does this help.
Hi KK. Thanks for your answer. I think to use same solution you suggest but my client wants a dynamic menu. So I think I need a different solution :(
but my client wants a dynamic menu

Please tell us more about this - exactly what does the client want to set for herself? The top level menus? The items displayed in the second-level dropdowns? Where do those items come from i.e. are they cloned pages of some template?
4 posts Page 1 of 1