Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I am using the Gallery uploader to upload images that get to be seen in different folders on the front end.

The problem is that all images are uploaded to the folder "Image" on the server.

It's not a problem for now as I have only a few images, but it will be in the future as I intend to have thousands of them.

Is there a way to have the uploader create a folder per website folder and load the images into it?
Instead of the only 'Image' folder on the server?

Thanks,
Paolo

PS: Not sure it's clear... :)
Hi Paolo,

Not sure if I could understand the question fully, so my answer below could be way off mark -

Couch is not a multi-site CMS so it manages only one website at a time.
This necessarily means that each site will have its own 'couch' folder and hence its own 'image' folder.
So, no question of images of all sites on the same server being dumped into the same folder.

A 'gallery' template is a little different from other templates in that each gallery template creates its own folder (within the 'uploads/image' folder) and them places all images in that folder (regardless of any 'virtual' folder that template might have).

Was your question alluding to the last point above?
Please let me know.
Hi,

I don't need cross website folders, I have just the one at https://painting-reproductions.com/

I made one gallery template only, and it has created its own folder.

But as I will upload all kinds of images, they will all go to this specific folder.

I was wondering if it was possible to have the Gallery template create a specific folder each time I upload from a different virtual folder.

Or if at least it would be possible to manually create an "Image" folder for each virtual folder, then have Couch to upload it there, instead of only in the main "Image" folder.

:)
That's what I thought :)

My apologies, Paolo, but it is not possible to do that.
I discussed the reason for this in a thread. Perhaps you'd like to take a look - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7061#p9305

Thanks
Hi KK,

ok, fair enough... plus it does make sense.

I am just afraid that after a while if I have a large image collection, it will take ages for the uploader to respond if I need to check something in it.

We'll see, no pb.

Cheers
5 posts Page 1 of 1