Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

A client ran into some trouble with adding images to their website. The browser throws a 500 error every now and then when an image is added to a news story.

First I thought the images were to heavy (ie 5mb), but after some testing it turns out that it has to do with the pixel-dimensions rather than weight. Ie: it's possible to add a 2000px wide image of 5mb but not a 4000px wide image of 2mb.

Could tell me if my findings are correct and if so, what's causing this behaviour?

Please note: the file-uploader does upload all images, but the browser shows a 500 error after the image is added tot the news-item and the item is being saved.
Hi,

While saving the page, Couch tries to resize the uploaded images to the dimensions specified in type 'image' region. It is quite possible that a 4000px image causes memory issues.

To verify this, please first try removing all dimension constraints from the 'image' region (i.e. remove 'height', 'width', 'crop', 'enforce_max' etc.). This way any uploaded image would be added unprocessed. Now there should be no error and this would confirm that it is a memory problem.

In case it is indeed a memory problem, please try increasing the available memory to your PHP setup (search the forums if you need more info on doing this).

Hope it helps.
Thanks for the reply KK, will try.
3 posts Page 1 of 1