Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
A client is asking to be able to duplicate pages because he needs to create multiple pages with mostly the same content. Is there a way to do this with 2.0?
Hi Jon,

Out of the box, this feature is not available.
However, it shouldn't be difficult now with v2.0 create a little addon that would do this.

I'll try to get one done as soon as I get some free time.
Will let you know.
You are awesome! Thank you KK!
Just wanted to follow up on this. I have quite a few clients that will be extremely excited to use this feature. Thank you!
I suspect you could use existing couch tags, albeit the solution would be quite simple.

Code: Select all
<cms:set page_to_clone="<cms:gpc 'p'/>"/>
<cms:pages masterpage='masterpage_to_clone.php' page_name=page_to_clone limit='1'>
<cms:db_persist
_invalidate_cache='0'
_mode='create'
_masterpage="masterpage_to_clone.php"
k_page_title="<cms:show k_page_title/>"
editable_1="<cms:show editable_1/>"
editable_2="<cms:show editable_2/>"
/>
</cms:pages>

I can't see any obvious problems with this. You could place the code inside a php file and then direct users to the url e.g http://www.site.com/clone_page.php?p=page-to-clone. To complete the functionality you could redirect the user back to the original page after the <cms:db_persist> closing tag. I'm sure @kk will have a cleaner, more secure and more thought through. solution though!
Would you be interested in implementing this for me? If so, shoot me a PM and we can discuss hourly rate etc.
6 posts Page 1 of 1