Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello Couches!
As far as I understand, both Dynamic Folders and Nested Pages offer the possibility to make easily menus and add new menu items and pages directly from the administration panel.
I wonder, what are the specific benefits of each in real-life scenarios? Could anyone give me some examples?

I would appreciate a lot if anyone could take some time to answer!!!!

Thanks in advance

Tanja
Hi Tanja :)

Though the feature-set of both folders and nested-pages do overlap, both are meant to solve different problems.

Folders are squarely meant to serve as 'containers' for normal cloned pages. The names of folders appear in URLs (with prettyURLS enabled) and since we can nest folders, this meant we can craft SEO friendly URLs for normal pages which otherwise wouldn't be possible.

Nested-pages, on the other hand, are pages themselves but, unlike normal cloned pages, do not need folders to contain them as they themselves support nesting. So, in a way, these are a sort of folders+pages combined.

Additionally, nested-pages have features that make them more suitable for building stand alone menus e.g. pointer-pages, masquerading etc.

So, when it comes to creating menus, I think you'll find nested-pages the best choice.

Hope this helps.
Thank you :) KK and sorry for the late thanks !!!!

Tanja
3 posts Page 1 of 1