Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello All,

I recently just built a site for my client and she notified me showing me an image looking like this:
Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 3.52.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 3.52.01 PM.png (349.48 KiB) Viewed 936 times

As you can see the "Browse Server" window is black and I still have yet to fix the admin side icons issue. Is this due for a fresh install?

P.S. This is on an IIS server (Microsoft Server) and I wanted to use couch because of its simplicity but it's turning out to be quite the issue with some of the little bugs I am running into. Any help would be amazing, I would really appreciate it. :)
Please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10877#p27795

Frankly, I am surprised you could get this far on IIS :)
Anyway, I apologize but we cannot offer any help on a platform that Couch has never been tested upon.
KK wrote: Please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10877#p27795

Frankly, I am surprised you could get this far on IIS :)
Anyway, I apologize but we cannot offer any help on a platform that Couch has never been tested upon.

Hey KK,
Thank you! I had a lot of help from a friend and it works fine except the icons and the browse server, which is a huge problem. Am I guessing those are the bugs you were talking about?

I know it is not optimized or not compatible with the IIS server, and have tried to convince my client in the past about changing it and my client isn't exactly for it. Is it easy to change from an IIS server to an Apache one? Do you have any recommendations?
Yes, these are the kind of quirks of IIS that make life unnecessarily difficult.

The issues you mentioned, strictly speaking, are client-side rendering issues (i.e. related with CSS/JS as opposed to PHP) so, I think, you could try debugging them as it won't involve any PHP server-side code.

The best alternative, of course, is to simply move over to Apache.
Almost all the hosts I have seen allow the option to switch platforms anytime and, usually, this is a seamless process completed by them and involves no data loss.

You can try contacting the provider.

Hope this helps.
4 posts Page 1 of 1