Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Let me start by apologizing should this be a post on an issue already addressed. I searched and did not see my exact issue addressed elsewhere.

Last year, I built my first Couch site. I tried to log in today to complete a request from the client and was unable to do so. Thinking I must have forgotten my password, I requested a new one. The email came through fine and I attempted to login with the new password. It spins, hangs, and stops. The login page will not load through to the admin panel. If I enter a wrong password, it lets me know right away that I have entered the wrong password. When I enter the correct password, it spins and fails to load. I have cleared browser cache and attempted login from separate computers. I have had a new password sent for a second time with the same results. I have tried trendoman's hashed password suggestion, but it results in the "wrong username or password" message.

No changes have been made since I last logged in at the end of the year. I'm at a loss. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
Hello @jamager,

I somehow suspect that you had renamed the index.php to something else (as described at http://docs.couchcms.com/miscellaneous/ ... panel.html) but are now trying to log through the dummy index page (that will always fail, no matter what).

Could you please check your couch/config.php file to verify if this is indeed the case?
Please let me know.

Thanks.
Hi and thanks for the reply!

It wasn't an index issue--As mentioned, everything worked fine in December and nothing had been changed at all--but; I did go ahead and upgrade from 1.4.7 to 2.0 (excluding config file etc. as per the upgrade instructions) and was able to log in again right away. No other changes/edits were made. It remains a mystery I guess!
I have a pet theory that explains such mysteries - gremlins in the box!
Anyway, I am glad things finally worked for you :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1