Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
When I click the "browse server" button to upload an image/file, the window pops up but it doesn't show me any images/files. And none of the buttons (uploads/refresh/settings...) work. This is on a live server. Everything worked find locally.

I haven't changed the uploads directory and the directory/sub-directories on the server are all set to 777. Not seeing anything in the error log either.

Help? Thanks!
Hi Megan :)

Could you please take a look at your browser's console and let me know if it is reporting any errors?

One reason for such errors could be inadvertently introducing white-spaces (including newline and the UTF BOM characters) in core Couch files e,g, config.php or kfunctions.php. Could you please check these files (or any other core file you might have edited recently) to make sure this is not the case? For the BOM problem, please see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53

If this doesn't help, feel free to PM me your site's FTP+Couch access creds and I'll take a look at the issue.

Thanks.
Here are the errors I'm seeing:

Code: Select all
joiner.php:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'initClipboard' of undefined at joiner.php:2
browse.php:15 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'version' of undefined at browse.php:15

I took a look at a couple files and removed any new lines I saw but that didn't seem to help. Text encoding seems to be UTF-8.

I'll go ahead and PM login details.

Thanks!
megan
Thanks Megan.

I had a look and, curiously, it turned out to be an issue with KCFinder not sorting JS files in the expected order.
I have made some changes to its code and things seem to be working fine now.

Please check and confirm. I'll push the changes to Couch's Git repository then as, I think, this could prove to be an issue on certain server configurations.

Thanks.
Yes, it works now! Thank you SO much.

Megan
You are welcome, Megan :)
Hi! Somehow this problem is happening to me again on this website, but I don't recall having changed anything in the core files since you last fixed it. Here are the errors I'm getting in my console:

Code: Select all
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'initFiles' of undefined
browse.php?nonce=0d61c1bafe02dc85c5039532f361348f&type=image&:15 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'version' of undefined
joiner.php?v=3.0.0:2 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'initFiles' of undefined
    at joiner.php?v=3.0.0:2
browse.php?nonce=0d61c1bafe02dc85c5039532f361348f&type=image&:15 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property 'version' of undefined
    at browse.php?nonce=0d61c1bafe02dc85c5039532f361348f&type=image&:15
Hi,

Since no core files have been changed, perhaps it is the BOM issue that I mentioned in my first reply? Have you checked that?
I tried resaving the config file in textedit and espresso (I have a mac), but there is no obvious option for BOM or not. I just have UTF-8 or 16 as options.

Also, resaved the file in Textmate which I think is UTF-8 without BOM. Still having the issue though.
Megan, I had a look at the site and found that the KCFinder folder had been updated (causing it to revert to the older files) and hence the problem.

I have uploaded the changed files. Please take a backup of the 'couch\includes\kcfinder' folder in case this thing happens again.
11 posts Page 1 of 2