Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Couch People,

i'm currently setting up a very simple cms page where i need an image and it's thumbnail. I have set up the editables as follows:

Code: Select all
 <cms:editable name='bild' label='bild' desc='Bild für Beitrag - Falls ausgewählt' type='image' />

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='bildthumb' label='bildthumb' desc='Thumbnail für Bild' width='460' height='263' show_preview='1' assoc_field='bild' type='jcropthumb' />

Whenever i try to "reacreate" the thumbnail with a different cropping method, it tells me in an alert that the thumbnail has actually been recreated and is displaying correctly in the admin section. However, when i save the page to look at it in the browser, it jumps back to the standard cropping (middle) that it had before, and also displays it like that on the page.

I tried using the jcropthumb add-on, but it is the same basic problem.

What am i doing wrong? Or is this a bug?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Kind regards

Sundance

Hi,

Since, as you say, you do actually get to see the cropped thumbnail (albeit only for a short while), I think there is no problem in the thumbnail creation.

Could you please verify this by taking a look at the uploads folder? You should see an updated thumbnail every time you create one from the admin-panel.

If that is the case, then what seems to be happening is that the browser is caching the old images and not requesting the new ones (so upon page refresh you see the old images).

One reason for this behavior could be what is described here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6928
Please check your sites .htaccess and see if there are caching directives in there.

Hi,

thank you for your help - pointing me towards the caching issue with .htaccess actually made me check thoroughly again with the direct link to the thumbnail file open in a different browser.

Even though i had not set expiration dates or caching of any kind, i had to have the dev tools open in chrome and disable caching to see it working after a refresh.. it is a strange behaviour, because i have been refreshing countless times. But doing it with the dev tools open actually did the trick..

Thank you for pointing me to that! :) Problem solved!

Kind regards

Sundance
3 posts Page 1 of 1