Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this can be achieved or not however I'm looking for a way to implement the bellow.

I current run a classified section that I'm building where a client can submit their products. Within that they enter a basic amount of information.

Product title > product information > product price > and a max of three images > a link to their product.

So they'll enter all the information and it'll have a buy button taking them to their website.

However I want a easier way for my clients to upload their products, so it'll mean they can upload more items quickly saving time.

When you submit a link to Facebook for instance it'll grab the information required, so title, discription and a link. Is there any code out there that can grab this information, so all the client would need to do is enter their link to the product and the code will fetch the information from that page and input into the databound form, they hit submit and it'll upload.

Is this something that can be done? Google fetches this information too, as an example and puts them into shopping.

This feature would make uploading the products so much easier and faster for the client.

Thanks for the support.
A side note: The fastest and most reliable way would always be CSV import.

So you want to have the client paste the link to outside server.
Then upon pasting, the info would be fetched from there via cross-domain request (ajax/curl), which will be successful after some work, read more here with instructions http://www.ajax-cross-origin.com/how.ht ... ide-domain

Then your script can parse the response - which is a plain html page, served by outside server - and you can find the required elements and clean+sanitize them and paste into your inputs.

Please confirm if I followed correctly the topic.
Think you've got it correct. I'll have to read into the link more and work out if I can implement that into the website form, it'll save so much time for the user to just go onto their link which has the product information past into my website form and press upload without having to enter all the information.
Why don't you PM me the samples of those links and product pages and maybe some other advice comes to my head?
4 posts Page 1 of 1