Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
hello - a query on using cache ... on a subdomain. I can't get Couch to clear cache and serve the new version of the page when k_use_cache is set to '1'. I log in make a change, hit 'save', view the change OK front-end - log out - back to the cached page with no update visible.

In config.php I have K_SITE_URL defined with the subdomain folder

THe other settings in config.php relating to cache are default values - I've never changed these in the past:
Code: Select all
    // 10.
    // When the cache is invalidated (by adding, deleting or modifying pages in admin),
    // existing files in cache become useless but are not deleted immediately.
    // A purge routine gets executed at interval set here (in hours)
    // during which this deletion of stale files occurs.
    define( 'K_CACHE_PURGE_INTERVAL', 24 );

// 11.
    // Even if the cache does not become invalidated, as noted above, files in cache
    // are removed after this interval (set in hours).
    define( 'K_MAX_CACHE_AGE', 7 * 24 ); // Default is 7 days

in .htaccess I have RewriteBase /subdomain

Any thoughts?
EDIT: am using version 2.0.beta (20160523)
Superadmin is normally served non-cached pages. This is totally correct, when you see updated page in front-end while logged in.

However page should be updated in cache if any change is introduced to content ('SAVE' was hit) , according to couch cache algorithm viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10164

Try to thoroughly log your steps and see if cache gets busted after introduced changes.
yes, I've gone through all the steps - over and over! The cache won't clear.
potato wrote: yes, I've gone through all the steps - over and over! The cache won't clear.

Thanks for confirming this.
I personally find caching a bit non-informative about what's going on( could be a notification, like cache is set to renew ).
I think @KK could clarify on that / suggest a piece of code that displays the status.

Other than that, sometimes it's a browser cache that messes around - please try to follow to couch/cache directory and see if physical files have changed. And try Incognito mode in browser.
thanks, I think I've tried everything within my know-how! I've turned caching off - simple answer for now.
I simply go to couch/cache and delete the content. -> cache cleared
6 posts Page 1 of 1