Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

CMS doesnt accept anymore my username and password. I want to change those from phpmyadmin table but still new username and password are not accepted to login to admin part.

How can I fix this issue ? help needed here
Since you have access to PhpMyAdmin, could you please find the correct table couch_users, find your admin account and paste hash in the column 'password' :
$P$BQZGiUc6U2uuyk5wbKYNzkokp5LW831
This is hashed password 'password'. Hope with new creds you'll be able to login to your system.
If not, at least we will know that it's not about creds.
Also check column 'disabled' just in case.
@artiumedia, there is a 'forgot password?' link just below the login box that should send a new password to your email. I wonder if you tried that? Any problem with it?
Thanks @trendoman it worked as you suggested.
Thanks @trendoman you save my day :D
@trendoman
I read this post by you and was wondering how did you generate the password hash.
trendoman wrote: Since you have access to PhpMyAdmin, could you please find the correct table couch_users, find your admin account and paste hash in the column 'password' :
$P$BQZGiUc6U2uuyk5wbKYNzkokp5LW831
This is hashed password 'password'. Hope with new creds you'll be able to login to your system.
If not, at least we will know that it's not about creds.
Also check column 'disabled' just in case.

I also wanted to know that if someone logs in with a normal password (string) then how can the hashed password be compared with the normal password and if successful match is found how can the user be allowed to login?

Regards,
GenXcoders (Aashish)
where innovation meets technology
In regards to passwords, I believe the interested files are in the /couch/auth.
The hash I copied from a fresh installation :)
Thanks bro @trendoman for pointing me to the files. I will see if I can get my issue sorted out from there.
where innovation meets technology
8 posts Page 1 of 1