Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello :)

Gallery template + Dynamic Folders.

Suppose, a client has many (many!) different folders in catalog of furniture.
All of them are assigned a 'weight' to show in desired order in site menus, site pages etc.

However, in Admin Panel (in graphic representation with icons, not in list) they are sorted only by their english-names (assigned automatically to russian titles by transliteration). So there is an undesired chaos, which is not in line with the philosophy of Couch - make everything appear for client the way he and the developer wants.

Is it possible to rearrange this appearance, maybe with minor tweaks to couch php code?
Maybe new admin panel would do it?
:roll:
Maybe new admin panel would do it?
In the admin-panel, the dropdowns (by default) show the folders sorted by weight - which makes the order the same as that in the folders listing. It'll also allow you to override the display anyway you wish.
KK wrote: In the admin-panel, the dropdowns (by default) show the folders sorted by weight - which makes the order the same as that in the folders listing.

Not in my case, unfortunately, if only I understood what you mean.
In folder-list (manage folders) everything is sorted by assigned weight.
In normal view (icons of folders + 1 dropdown on the left) everything is shown ordered by assigned transliterated name (from a to z).
I'm so sorry, @trendoman, there was a typo in my last post. It should have read -
In the new admin-panel, the dropdowns (by default) show the folders sorted by weight - which makes the order the same as that in the folders listing. It'll also allow you to override the display anyway you wish.
I was speaking about the behavior in the (yet to be released) new admin-panel.

In the existing panel, I agree, there is a mismatch in the sorting orders.

Hope that clears up the misunderstanding.
4 posts Page 1 of 1