Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
I thought I'd post this thought here as I've been thinking about it since I first went into this website.

Right now in order to download the latest beta version or download users, poll and other addons you have to search all around the forum.

Wouldn't it be useful if all these useful download could all be together on some area, where it can be downloaded?

I know some might not be official downloads but for new users who don't know what's available on this cms it's really handy.

Anyone thought about this too?

Thanks

Steven
+1 from me.

Also ... isn't some couch developer able to move the forum to a couch based one instead of phpBB ?

It would be a good showcase.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
+1 from me
We always welcome and appreciate feedback - thanks.

I agree that there is a discoverability issue. Some users will simply not visit the forums until they encounter a problem or have a question that they can't answer with the documentation. Perhaps a link (to a forum announcement) could be placed below "Current version: 1.4 (1.5 MB)" on the download page indicating that there is a beta/non-release download available.

I have advocated in the past for development to be shifted to GitHub, where users can submit issues and contribute code to the core files. Official supported addons could also be hosted in separate repositories. If there isn't a desire to create a listing of addons on the main site, then the CouchCMS GitHub organization page would suffice.

Anyways, it is up to @KK.
Yes, GitHub would be the best option !

Maybe if KK doesn't have the time for it maybe cheesypoof can take this on. I can also spare some time to support this if needed.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
Or maybe a topic that list all available addons, and mark it as sticky topic.
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
Thank you for your inputs, my friends :)

I promise to, as @cheesypoof has been suggesting for so long, move the code base (core and all addons) over to GitHub very soon.
Thanks guys!

I'm really looking forward to that and I'll be happy to contribute in developing addons once I get to know the cms better :D
Please post once the GitHub is up, right now, I just download all addons / snippets out of forum, would love to seem them in one place.
9 posts Page 1 of 1