Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I find that when i am editing text , and copying and pasting , then changing the format of the text that couch is adding extra formatting tags.
i have to keep oping the source view and delete the extra tags. I notice it most when applying a <h> tag. it creates the tag but ussually it makes a extra open tag of the same so that the next section you type isnt normal type but the <h> tag.(I hope you understand what i am trying to explain as rereading this it doesnt make sense unless you have had the problem yourself)
thats the only quirk i have found so far but i am sure i will find more. All in all couch cms is fantastic, it was just what i have been scouring the web for.

Now on to some needed things, ck editor , it would be nice if we could use the full editor or at least change text color within it. I am currently testing couch on a web site for a pastor and i dont think he would understand how to add color tags in the source screen.
Also it needs a way to back up just in case the database gets corrupt somehow the user then can load a good config from a earlier date.

now aside from the above Couch rocks. easy to use and great tutorials included, and documentation in the package. i was blown away by that. all the other cns systems you have to go to a wiki of the products web page to look at the docs.

thank you for the great product....................tim
ps. it would also be nice if the evaluation period didnt take effect until the web site went live, so that as long as it was on a localhost of a pc, you had unlimited time to fiddle with it. as the above stated site i am working on is huge, i dont know if i can have the site done in the 26 days. main reason being trying to fiqiure out how to accomplish certain tasks take a bit of hit and miss work............................. :mrgreen:
Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your observations.

when applying a <h> tag. it creates the tag but ussually it makes a extra open tag of the same so that the next section you type isnt normal type but the <h> tag.(

This behaviour, unfortunately, is entirely that of CKEditor and there is nothing at all Couch can do to alleviate it. All richtext editors are notorious for applying "too much" intelligence.

it would be nice if we could use the full editor or at least change text color within it.

This feature is already present and you can use the full editor if you wish to.
Just use the following parameter in the 'editable' tag (i.e. set the 'toolbar' to 'full'. By default it is 'medium')-
toolbar = 'full'
The toolbar of the editor is extremely customizable and you can choose exactly which buttons you wish to provide to your end-user. Please see http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... htext.html for detailed explanation about it.

it needs a way to back up just in case the database gets corrupt somehow the user then can load a good config from a earlier date.

That is true. We have this feature on our todo list and you can expect to have it in the next versions.

it would also be nice if the evaluation period didnt take effect until the web site went live, so that as long as it was on a localhost of a pc, you had unlimited time to fiddle with it.

For testing on localhost, if you happen to be on Windows platform, you can use the portable version of Couch (Apache, MySQL, PHP packed in one). This package has unlimited license for localhost. You can find it from our download page - http://www.couchcms.com/download/

Do let us know if you come across any other features that you think should be in Couch.
Thanks.
you guys are great , thank you for the info. i am looking foward to upcoming versions of couch.
thanks again for the quick reply............tim
3 posts Page 1 of 1