Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
More and more I am adding hints and information within the Admin Panel using the editable type message - it is helpful for clients and can deflect queries and help keep the site looking good by encouraging and informing them to do the right thing. Sometimes all these hints look a bit of a mess and take up quite a lot of space. It would be nice if we could have a ? icon over which the client could hover - with a pop-up containing the help text inside!
Hi potato,

That is a good suggestion and we had something along the same lines for the next version.

For the time being - couldn't something similar (i.e. text in popup) be done using the 'editable type message' technique by injecting some popup library into the admin-panel?
This is my interpretation of what a possible hints/instructions section could look like. @potato and others, what do you think of this example?
instructions.png
instructions.png (10.75 KiB) Viewed 3900 times
@cheesypoof - what I had in mind (and I think that matches @potato's suggestion) was to have prominent 'Question mark' icon next to the label. Clicking the icon would open up a tip-baloon with all the text in it.

This would help keeping the edit panel uncluttered.

What do you say?
I think it's the best solution to make "?" icon next to lable with on-hover tooltip (I suppose it would be better than "on-click" implementation, because the icon will be small and the possibility of accidental hover is too small).

It will also be good for multi-column inputs layout that I like to make.
Hi,

Maybe the use of Foundation Joyride will be handy in some cases.http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/joyride.html
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
Without wishing to be too demanding ;) it would actually be nice to have both the example suggestion of @cheesypoof's for longer instructions and the hover/popup via question mark icon for short hints/tips.
I think the clutter argument is less relevant for 1.4.5 with the introduction of tabs. I also find the tooltip approach limiting in terms of content length and potential for customization.

Anyways, I'm glad there has been community involvement in this discussion.

Attachments

cheesypoof wrote: I think the clutter argument is less relevant for 1.4.5 with the introduction of tabs. I also find the tooltip approach limiting in terms of content length and potential for customization.

Anyways, I'm glad there has been community involvement in this discussion.

i love it cheesy [kiss]
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
More feedback requested at viewtopic.php?f=2&p=14932#p14932 - thanks everyone.
10 posts Page 1 of 1