Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Until Couch fully supports User Management and Review Ratings, I would like to implement a very simple workaround for now but need to know if this theory is ok...

I have a site with various videos that need public reviews, guests and registered users can watch and comment. I need a way to write to Couch's database, on every page that contains a video, and add ratings to it.
For example a visitor finds a video good, they click on "vote up", or "vote down" if they don't. Then that vote is stored in couch's database so as when the page is viewed next time (or immediately thanks to some JS code), it reflects the updated voting results.

I hope this makes sense?
---
You live many times, but only ever remember your lives.length - 1
---
I haven't tried it out yet, but just from theory.

Shouldn't you use data-bound forms, create a value, and then use sometype of form to manipulate with the value? You have to integrate a check with some cookies of some sort, to prevent voting multiple times, and that should work.

In general, I see no progress unless Users module is made.
In general, I see no progress unless Users module is made
@lolsteamroller, I think you missed the announcement - the members module is here (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8063).
I missed that announcement!!
But I'm already test driving it! Simmons Studio

Now I can go ahead and faf around with a basic review system, unless KK already has something I can use ;)
---
---
@simmons,

I think I should have something for you in a few days.
Hope you can wait for a little more time.
KK wrote: @simmons,

I think I should have something for you in a few days.
Hope you can wait for a little more time.

Oh I do not mind, its a KK product after all :)
Outstanding work on the User Management by the way, and Couch in general.
---
---
Hi Simmons,

Please check out viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8133
7 posts Page 1 of 1