Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I like to request a multilingual website support. Something like:

- on pages and folders a way to set the language
- if page already exists in one language a "copy page button" for other language
- auto relation created for corresponding language page
- visual display at the admin side to know if a page is translated or not.

I'm even wondering if this is something that could be done already with some tiny hack.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
i'm all up for this idea. i know there is a post describing how one would go about making a multilingual site, but it's not enough.

it would be really great if couch would fully support multilingual site building.
There is a lot of possibilities. I have a input on this.

First, it's already been discussed here, yes, and with hacks..

Here's a sample code, if you switch languages, based on existing value.

Code: Select all
<head>
    <meta charset="utf-8">
    <title><cms:get_custom_field var='site_name' masterpage='globals.php' /> | <cms:if my_lang='lv'><cms:get_custom_field var='index_name_lv' masterpage='globals.php' /></cms:if><cms:if my_lang='ru'><cms:get_custom_field var='index_name_ru' masterpage='globals.php' /></cms:if></title>
    <meta name="description" content="<cms:if my_lang='lv'><cms:show pagedesc_lv /></cms:if><cms:if my_lang='ru'><cms:show pagedesc_ru /></cms:if>">
<cms:embed 'head.html' />

Also, the oldschool way is to simply use different folders.
Hi lolsteamroller,

Thanks for your suggestion (code snippet). All my attempts for a workaround ended by a overloaded admin dashboard like displaying all the languages (fields and pages). I ended up with a couch instance for each language. For me this is not the greatest solution but it's the best way to keep things logic. Still hoping on a full multilingual support on a future couch release...
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
4 posts Page 1 of 1