Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
It would be great if you could have the option to hide the Super Admin from the control panel users list.

I don't think there is much need for your clients to be able to see this. They might have a feeling that they don't have full control of their website even if though they have Admin rights. All they would want to see is a list of Admins and Users that they have allocated to the CMS themselves. Giving them the feeling that they have complete control.

This is just my opinion and I would love to have this option.

Thanks
Hello and welcome surreal :)

This is an interesting request.
I must say, what you say makes perfect sense but then it could equally well be argued that by hiding the super-admin account you are actually keeping the client in dark about the *back-door* access that you have to his site.

Normally, from what I have seen, designers let the clients know both the accounts creds but instruct then to use only the 'admin' account to manage the site, reserving the super-admin for only development purpose.

Anyways, as I said, this feature merits attention.
Would like to know what others think about it.
Hi and thank you.

Its just my personal opinion, but I think that this is exactly the same as a web host that lets their clients set-up mail boxes on their server. The client have their own control panel to set-up the mail box, however the Web Host has Super Admin rights and could gain access to these mail boxes should their be a need for it and as long as it doesn't break the Data Protection Act etc... When features like this are advertised by a Web Host, they don't seem to mention that the have Super Admin Rights, they simply say something like , full control panel with unlimited mail boxes etc.. So would this be classed as keeping the client in dark about the *back-door* to their mail boxes ?

When a client uses a CMS that you have set-up for them, Im sure that they already know that you have control over it as you are the one setting it up for them.

I do think that its best if we had a choice to either add Super Admin to the users list or remove it depending on your own personal preference.

Thank you
Just as KK said, I usually create for the client a normal admin account and grant them the super admin credentials as well. That in and of itself indicates to them that they have complete control. If you explain to your client what the super admin user is, I'm sure they will understand and won't be annoyed by its presence.
4 posts Page 1 of 1