Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
It would be a stroke of pure awesome if we could define an editable region as a "Matrix" type field, where by you could specify a field like this for a result table (say a Marathon for example)

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='results' title="Results' type='matrix'>
<cms:matrix colname='position' coltitle='Position' coltype='text' />
<cms:matrix colname='person_name' coltitle='Person' coltype='text' />
<cms:matrix colname='person_tile' coltitle='Time' coltype='text' />
</cms:editable>

The above been a simple example of defining a few columns that would allow us to create "add-able" rows in the CMS to publish the race winners like:

1st | John Smith | 3hrs 22
2nd | Jane Doe | 3hrs 45
3rd | Jim Bean | 4hrd 55
etc to infinity or until our database has a panic attack.

This would give a heck-a-lot of felxibility to create things such as:

Results
Food / Drink Menus
Time Schedules

I know you could lump this into a richtext area and format but I do love seperation of data in this sense because for i.e. a restaurant, they could easily publish menus with three matrix fields: Starters, Mains, Desserts - and because we have a tabular data structure we could have far more control on the HTML output / presentation and create something they might be able to, for example Print a daily menu from (their website, publish once there and use it for in house -ditch MS word and it's headache formatting)

Just a thought, I know it might be difficult and beyond my skills but that kind of fieldtype is so powerful and flexible - especially if you can relate it's data.
Hi Patrick,

Couch already has such kind of an editable region.
Please take a look at http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/r ... gions.html

This feature (along with 'relations' (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/r ... ships.html), are available in v1.3RC downloadable from viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7014

Do let us know if this helps in getting done the kind of things you had in mind.
2 posts Page 1 of 1