Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
It would be great if you can change the order of the photos in the gallery of the admin panel... for example, with the following options:

- manually by drag and drop
- date of photo taken
- filename

It would also be helpful if the photos can be stored in the corresponding folder of the uploads folder.
For now only a maximum size of 2MB is supported.

Most clients upload images which come directly from the camera (which include several mb) and do not know how to make the images smaller or they find it too much hassle. Most clients have their own little computer knowledge.

It would be easier for clients (and also their webdesigners) when there is no maximum. In the end CouchCMS will make the files smaller and store the images in the 'uploads' folder.
Without commenting on the wisdom of the default maximum file sizes, this is where all of the relevant options are located:

includes/fileuploader/config.php - Line 98
Code: Select all
$Config['k_max_upload_size'] = '2'; //Size in MB. Set to '0' to allow any size.
includes/plupload/upload.php - Line 104
max_file_size : '2mb',
includes/timthumb.php - Line 49
ini_set('memory_limit', "50M");
The following article explains very well (albeit in a rather irritable tone) the 'wisdom' behind the 2MB file limit.
http://alexrabe.de/2008/05/13/understand-gd-library/

A 2MB jpeg/png file, while being processed by GD library, is likely to remain under the 50MB memory assumed to be available to PHP on most hosts.
Of course you can always tweak the settings to suit your needs.
@cheesypoof: Thanks! I didn't know this.

@Kamran: I understand why 2MB is the default maximum. But if you let CouchCMS 'crop' all the images, it will reduce the file and also the memory size. Or is this not a good solution to this problem? Mostly I don't need the images to be stored in its original dimensions and file size on the webserver.
@martijnbokma,
..if you let CouchCMS 'crop' all the images, it will reduce the file and also the memory size.

therein lies the actual problem Martijn. The very process of cropping an image requires the entire image to brought into memory.

So, for example, if you wish to have a pretty small final cropped image but manage to upload a huge original file, to create the cropped smaller version, the *full larger file* needs to be loaded into memory and this could lead to white-outs or PHP throwing up 'Memory exhausted' error.
Okay, thanks. I understand better now. Maybe it was a stupid question. ;)
7 posts Page 1 of 1