Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I've been trying to make some modifications for the Admin panel myself, but got disappointed right away. All the code Couch uses has been encoded using ionCube. I know why you did this: to prevent users to rebrand their software without having the right license. However, developing the software yourself gets quite impossible right now.

So, is it an option to release a development version? It will use the real PHP code but it will not be possible to really use it in a live environment (maybe just on 'localhost'?). That way we can develop our own modifications to the system, and make changes without using some hack-ish ionCube decoders, since that's obviously not the way anybody wants to do this. :)

I'd like to hear your opinion on this :)
Sincerely,
Johan

Brightsites
Webdesign, webdevelopment, webapplications, hosting, advice and more.
Hey Johan,

We have debated and discussed the IonCube issue very early on in Couch's history - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37

I can see what you mean though.
Don't worry, we have started opening up Couch's architecture to allow third-parties extending and developing it.

The upcoming version 1.2 has support for custom ShortCodes.
Right in the pipe-line after this is custom tags and custom editable regions.
Developing custom modules will come the last and that will complete everything one will ever require to extend Couch programmatically.

Hope this answers your question.
Hey,

Thanks for the answer. It looks promising :) I'll just find a workaround for now. Thanks for taking community input this serious!

- A happy customer
Sincerely,
Johan

Brightsites
Webdesign, webdevelopment, webapplications, hosting, advice and more.
3 posts Page 1 of 1