Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
12 posts Page 2 of 2
@aleksandru,

I have been following this thread with interest - there are several ways to solve the use-case under discussion but each of them would require a good deal of custom coding (as @trendoman mentioned). I would have loved to get involved but I don't think my current situation would allow me the required time.

Ideally, the creation and registration of a new template should be taken care of using PHP code (as an addon).
As a less ideal way (but easier to implement), you can do this explicitly -

a. Loop through the tiles of your mosaic to output a '<cms:template>' block containing the respective '<cms:editable>' definitions based on the selections.
b. Invoke a PHP function to create a physical template and put the above block in it.
c. Use an IFRAME to access the newly created PHP template - doing this will register the template and also execute the contained <cms:template>' block to create the editable regions.

If that seems doable, we can always put a new button on the edit screen of your form-builder to invoke the mentioned steps through PHP.

Does this reply help in any way?
@KK Sir

Ideally, the creation and registration of a new template should be taken care of using PHP code (as an addon).

This would be great, but time consuming, but would give an option of something like Google Forms. In my opinion, it would even allow the developers to implement the DBF or normal Forms in a faster manner.

Whereas, this seems a more doable.
As a less ideal way (but easier to implement), you can do this explicitly -

a. Loop through the tiles of your mosaic to output a '<cms:template>' block containing the respective '<cms:editable>' definitions based on the selections.
b. Invoke a PHP function to create a physical template and put the above block in it.
c. Use an IFRAME to access the newly created PHP template - doing this will register the template and also execute the contained <cms:template>' block to create the editable regions.

If that seems doable, we can always put a new button on the edit screen of your form-builder to invoke the mentioned steps through PHP.

I read a post of yours' here where you have actually used repeatable regions to generate the input fields of a form.

Sir can this work:
1. Create a clonable template with the repeatable regions being used to generate the form fields, as in the post
2. When the clonable page is saved, it does

where if #c can be implemented otherwise, so that the Super Admin as well as the Admin can register the cloned page as a new template.

Could you please shed some light on this, especially the PHP function and the logic of registering a cloned page by SA and Admin level users.

Regards,
GenXCoders
where innovation meets technology
12 posts Page 2 of 2