Do you have some feature in mind that you'd love to see in Couch? Let us know.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello KK,

Tag smart_embed was probably created before the Custom routes addon. Do you by chance have a version of smart_embed in the works that supports routable templates?

It would of course expand the list of searched file names, however would really add spices to embedding snippets for routes with parameters. Let me expand -

I am looking at a common way to embed a snippet to a routable template independent of a matched route. Regular views are handled without issues, 'out of the blue' anyone would write something intuitive like this - https://github.com/GroveOS/Sapling/blob ... e.html#L22 Now, when I think of it more, I see a very convoluted approach if a similar code had to be written for routes with parameters. Let's take your sample from the docs with a route which is not that complex, but already shows how much more code must be added to keep dancing with regular cms:embed -
Code: Select all
<cms:route name='edit_view' path='{:id}/edit' />

Ex.: http://www.yoursite.com/test/22/edit

Wtih smart_embed taking the heavy lifting the elegant established way of structuring certain websites would persist.
Code: Select all
<cms:smart_embed />

:)

A most specific embedded snippet would look like test-edit_view-22.inc, less specific test-edit_view.inc and the rest would be defined regardless of the clonable/non-clonable status (i.e. move away from current scheme for routable templates) - test-default, test and, finally, default.
Hi Anton,

I think I can see the utility of your proposition here.
Unfortunately, I never had a chance to use routes in tandem with smart_embed kind of functionality and so do not have anything at hand, I am sorry.
KK wrote: Hi Anton,

I think I can see the utility of your proposition here.
Unfortunately, I never had a chance to use routes in tandem with smart_embed kind of functionality and so do not have anything at hand, I am sorry.

I was eagerly waiting for your comment. Thanks for a quick reply, I can breathe again calmly :)
Moved to Feature Requests.
4 posts Page 1 of 1