Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
HI,

Is it possible to get a totalt output SUM by taking filed_1 + filed_2?
Is it possible then to read documentation? You are clearly abusing support, in my humble opinion.
---
You can use this tag
http://docs.couchcms.com/tags-reference/incr.html OR
http://docs.couchcms.com/tags-reference/add.html

Illustration of the difference:
Code: Select all
<cms:set my_value='16' />
<cms:show my_value /><br> <!-- output: 16 -->

<cms:add my_value my_value /> <!-- output: 32 -->

<cms:incr my_value my_value />
<cms:show my_value /><br> <!-- output: 32 -->
trendoman wrote: Is it possible then to read documentation? You are clearly abusing support, in my humble opinion.
---
You can use this tag
http://docs.couchcms.com/tags-reference/incr.html OR
http://docs.couchcms.com/tags-reference/add.html

Illustration of the difference:
Code: Select all
<cms:set my_value='16' />

<cms:add my_value my_value /> <!-- output: 32 -->

<cms:incr my_value my_value />
<cms:show my_value /><br> <!-- output: 32 -->

Im sorry, im well aware that i have made many posts and in return i get alot of answers to my qestions. I will stop abusing and stop posting so mutch.

But anyway, i must say that im realy greatfull for all the help i got her on the forum.
I would also appreciate a lot if you pay more attention to wording you requests.
Many answers to your posts does mean, that a single answer can't help.
Good question probably needs only one answer.

For example, this topic is about "multiply field". But the question is about adding (+), not multiplying (*). It is difficult to be effective giving answers. A request needs to be deciphered first.

This is an international forum, with english as the main language. So, here are also people with somewhat limited english, for example i'm not a native speaker. So, imagine how it could be difficult to understand a request sometimes. Make sure others can understand you.

;)
trendoman wrote: Is it possible then to read documentation? You are clearly abusing support, in my humble opinion.
---

+1 on that humble opinion and +2 on reading the documentation, gsus..

Also, this "link" will help you if you got nothing from the docs. If you still got nothing from there, its time for post your problem on forum ;)
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
Hi

I'm not sure if there is a limit to the questions one is allowed to ask on this forum. That is …. after he or she has done some research on it's own on the problem. Not understanding the documentation shouldn't hold someone back to post a question, not reading the documentation should.

I for one (when I can't get something done) have to spend hours searching this forum, reading the documentation, fiddling with some own made shitty code, and so on … . before posting the question if someone can help me out. Until now I always got a working code snippet and or an perfect explanation where I wen't wrong in an amazingly fast time. This has been sometimes a lifesaver for me.

Spamming posts will result in a difficult to search forum with a lot of insignificant info, also will the change that someone get a quality answer in a short amount of time reduce significantly.

So please @kimheggen consider this for me , I need this forum also really bad (sometimes) .
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
Tomarnst wrote:
I for one (when I can't get something done) have to spend hours searching this forum, reading the documentation, fiddling with some own made shitty code, and so on … . before posting the question if someone can help me out. Until now I always got a working code snippet and or an perfect explanation where I wen't wrong in an amazingly fast time. This has been sometimes a lifesaver for me.

Spamming posts will result in a difficult to search forum with a lot of insignificant info, also will the change that someone get a quality answer in a short amount of time reduce significantly.

So please @kimheggen consider this for me , I need this forum also really bad (sometimes) .

For me, there ia no other forum & forum's member that will answer my question 3mnts after i post the question :D

This is what i call Friendship & Brotherhood!

(Any ladies out there?)
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
While I agree that multiple threads about things that are easy to find isn't good for the forums, we also cannot forsake somebody who is not natively an english speaker (As many of you aren't) for not understanding or correctly being able to search for things in docs or on the forums. As we've seen it's quite difficult to always explain what you're trying to say in another language and often times the question doesn't make sense or is difficult for us to decipher - that is just a natural language barrier and I don't believe people should be discouraged from posting because of this. We've always been a very friendly community and helpful towards people asking questions.

That said, posting so many threads is, I agree, detrimental to the forums and cluttering them with easy to answer questions or questions that are explained in the docs isn't good for those of us who spend time trolling the forum for useful and hidden features of couch that aren't in the docs.

So, rather than discouraging people like @Kimheggen from posting their questions, can we suggest some solutions for such a problem.

Can we either open a new forum category for newcomers/non-english speakers to ask their questions, or more specifically just for this problem: @Kimheggen can you make ONE thread where you post all of your questions/queries as they may arise and we will help you in there. That way you get the full community support of the people willing to help, without cluttering the forums with a lot of threads (particularly ones that are explained in docs for the people who can easily read them).
Not a problem, i fully understand what you are saying and i do respect it to the fullest.

Yes of curse i can make my own and ask everything there so then it would only be one post in the forum.

If KK would delete my post up til today its not a problem since i have saved all and im almost finnished with my first project.

But im must say it is a good forum and i have gotten alot of good help here and i will most probably ask for more advanced help and hope then i will get some help in the furture.

So for now i say to all, THANKS FOR ALL HELP :) Im glad there is people out there that dedicate time to help others.

KimHeggen
10 posts Page 1 of 1