Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
16 posts Page 2 of 2
Bartonsweb wrote: @Kimheggen

If you are using the latest version of couch, extended users is already included in the addons folder. You just need to activate it (Navigate to /couch/addons/kfunctions.php (or kfunctions.example.php if you haven't used any addons yet). If it's named kfuctions.example.php you need to rename it to just kfunctions.php

In this file there'll be a number of lines all starting with //

To activate an addon you need to "uncomment" the line (remove the // at the start)

To activate extended users you should change the line
Code: Select all
//require_once( K_COUCH_DIR.'addons/extended/extended-users.php' );

to just
Code: Select all
require_once( K_COUCH_DIR.'addons/extended/extended-users.php' );

Then you will find the tutorial makes sense. Hope this helps.

If you're not on the latest couch release, I'd suggest upgrading both for security fixes and the newer features such as the extended users.

I understand, but in the tutorial it say something about extrating the zip file and i will find a folder users/extended that i must place in the root folder. In this folder the login, register etc files is. Or can i use the files in the members folder?
@kimheggen, since when you don't trust people's advices on this forum?
trendoman wrote: @kimheggen, since when you don't trust people's advices on this forum?

I trust you guys 100%, but im trying now to make extended users to work, but i now must make index.php, login.php, register.php and so on from scratch! I am not a experience coder so thats why im askin about the soposed attached file to download whit this files inside.

Sorry if im rude or something.
where the tutorial says to "Extract the ZIP" it is talking from when the extended users addon was supplied seperately from couch. The tutorial tells you to extract the content of the ZIP and place them inside of /couch/addons/.

If you look inside of the /couch/addons/ folder, you will see there is already a folder in there named "Extended". (Provided you have the latest release of couch).
You do not need the ZIP as the latest version already has the folder, so you may skip this part of the tutorial.

Skip to the part of the tutorial that starts here:
Activate the addon by uncommenting (or adding if not found) the following line in 'couch/addons/kfunctions.php' file (fresh installations will have a file named kfunctions.example.php - this should be renamed to kfunctions.php).

If you start from here, it should all make sense. Sorry for the confusion, I should've explained that part earlier.

Edit: Also, I was struggling to find the users.zip that @KK has linked below. Use that rather than the members module templates.
@kimheggen, the zip that is referred to in the tutorial can be found in the main thread here -
viewtopic.php?p=16352#p16352

I am sorry, I should have really pointed you to the main post first instead to the tutorial.

Please download the 'users.zip' attached to the post.
It contains a sample implementation of all the templates. For your case, I think you'll only need the 'login.php' template.

Please let us know if you require any assistance with the process.
THANKS ALOT to both of you :) now i can start with the extended verion. Again THANKS :)
16 posts Page 2 of 2