Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
22 posts Page 3 of 3
Tomarnst wrote: Hi Diverso,

As far as I know both shouldn't be longer than 50 characters.

My advice to you:

- read https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo
- Use something like http://www.screamingfrog.co.uk/seo-spider/

@tomarnst

thank you, I know that tool I've been using it, how does it work for you?
I also believe I'm not a total beginner however a little reviewing on the basics never hurt anyone! ;)

On a side note, it would have been nice if you replied to my question, what title are you referring to?
KK wrote:
@tim made a post as I was in the process of composing mine. But I'll go ahead with posting mine as I had originally composed.

Hey @trendoman, @diverso, please cool down guys :)
This is turning into an all out verbal war.

@diverso,
let us take up the issue from the beginning. You mentioned -
just wondering is there a way I can improve my google rank seo through couch cms?
According to piwik reports my pages are not even ranked on google which is really bad, I put a lot of effort into creating my page, I really could use some tips.

There are actually two separate issues -
1. getting Google to index your pages
2. getting Google to rank those pages high when somebody searches for relevant data.

The sitemap can help only with the first issue (i.e. make Google index your pages).
From what I could see (and you can too by doing a Google search for site:www.designdiverso.com) all the 43 pages constituting your site have already been indexed by Google.

So, I don't think you should worry too much about the sitemap.

The second point (i.e. getting a good ranking) is altogether a different ball game.
From what I can see, you have implemented most of the recommended things (meta tags, prettyURLs etc.) so there is little we can do to improve on that.
The PR will now depend mostly on how many quality backlinks you can get and that is a different pursuit really.

That said, there is one point I'd like to add -
I can see that you have used the 'session/cookie' method of implementing a multi-lingual site.
One drawback of this approach (and this is mentioned in the original thread viewtopic.php?p=9010#p9010) is that there would be only a single URL for all languages.

This can have SEO implications as only the first language pages will get indexed by Google (in your case only the FI pages are getting shown).

I think we'll need to do something about this.
Maybe we should add a parameter in the URLs to explicitly show which language is being shown.

Please grant me a few days time. I'll work on this and try to get back with a solution. Don't worry it won't require a major change in the way your site is currently structured. I'll need a little time for this though as I have my hands full at the moment.

Thanks.

@KK

hi there,

just wondering did you come up with something concerning these issues?

I'm looking forward to it, many thanks!
22 posts Page 3 of 3