Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Im in the developing of a page where users can register hours and send to admin.

MAYBE SOMEONE WILL DEVELOPE THIS FOR ME! Send pm for more info

I will explain:

Make a HOURE form for a hole month where users can fill in hours every day and save and next day they can fill in again and so on. And when the month is finnish they can save and send to admin as a mail containg the info or as an PDF file if possible. When clicking SEND the form fill be cleaned and the user can start again for next month.

The form must contain for each day:

Day - From Clock - To clock - Project - What they did - Hours - Overtime 50% - Overtime 100%

2 button - 1 = SAVE and 2 = SEND

I hope someone will think about this as an cool function and i appriciate all help.

Cant wait to hear what you experts on couch has to say about this idea!
Untitled-1.png
Untitled-1.png (25.14 KiB) Viewed 1487 times
Well, looks we need to start from ourselves. Tracking down our time, i mean :)
Apart from jokes, have you checked any 3d party plugins or SaaS webservices? I guess some of them should include reports, extensive coverage of hours, even billing and desktop-mobile apps.
trendoman wrote: Well, looks we need to start from ourselves. Tracking down our time, i mean :)
Apart from jokes, have you checked any 3d party plugins or SaaS webservices? I guess some of them should include reports, extensive coverage of hours, even billing and desktop-mobile apps.

I did check out alot of different services but they har complicated and i need to make it spessific to this company. And in different languages and so on.

What i need is some guide line about how to make this and even if it possible! If not maybe i need to make it in PHP and include it maybe.
What are the appropriate way to store the data? Can a person edit one editable of type richtext, adding everyday a new table line? Or maybe you can create 2 buttons - Start | Finish and add a text line once per session to a same text editable field on a clonable page? 1 person - 1 clonable and they are only hitting buttons and info is only added line by line as days go by.
trendoman wrote: What are the appropriate way to store the data? Can a person edit one editable of type richtext, adding everyday a new table line? Or maybe you can create 2 buttons - Start | Finish and add a text line once per session to a same text editable field on a clonable page? 1 person - 1 clonable and they are only hitting buttons and info is only added line by line as days go by.

Thats a good idea.

Yes 1 person 1 Sheet

All fields are richtext.

Maybe like you say click start and a clean form opens and when finnish fill out 1 day click finnish and then new line comes. When filled out hole month click send!

I have made a php file and made it clonable and made one html file placed in snippet folder. And the form only show in member section if logged in.

Next must be to make some function and here i need some help, couse im not a code expert.
Sure! Ask anything you've got problems with.
Will try to show ways to overcome those. People here on forum are very friendly and will offer support.

If instead you want it to be developed in its fullest, you can pm me or suggest a bounty here on forum for anyone else.
trendoman
Message subject: Re: Make a data bound form for membersFolder: Inbox
Can you move this to the forum topic?
Others can contribute and also follow.
Sent: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:49 pm
View message Reply with quote Reply to message

kimheggen
Message subject: Re: Make a data bound form for membersFolder: Sent messages
I have this in the beginning:

<cms:set submit_success="<cms:get_flash 'submit_success' />" />
<cms:if submit_success >
<h4>Success: Your hours has been sent.</h4>
</cms:if>

<cms:form
masterpage=k_template_name
mode='create'
enctype='multipart/form-data'
method='post'
anchor='0'
>

<cms:if k_success >

<cms:db_persist_form
_invalidate_cache='0'
_auto_title='1'
/>

<cms:set_flash name='submit_success' value='1' />
<cms:redirect k_page_link />

And this at the end:

<cms:if "<cms:not submit_success />" >
<button type="submit" class="button">SEND TIMELISTE</button>
Sent: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:19 pm
View message Reply with quote

trendoman
Message subject: Re: Make a data bound form for membersFolder: Inbox
Hi!

I applaud your decision to go through tutorials.
As to buttons, they are inputs, right? like input type button.
So, on button click, you send a form.
And this form when sent has k_success event, right?
So, can you get the tutorial about the database write with db_persist and try to implement an update to some editable field?
it would be db_persist mode='edit'.
Sent: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:14 pm
View message Reply with quote Reply to message

kimheggen
Hi again,

So i think i must start with the tutorial on couch about bound form where you making a application form.

But back to the idea you told me about start/finnish function!

So i made now alle inputs ready and will now make the Start button and Finnish button. But here i got very confused because i dont know how to write the cms code! Please come with some ideas on how to do this

Thanks
Sent: Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:22 pm
View message Reply with quote

kimheggen
Thanks.

So then i must ask if you can maybe direct me in the right direction on how to start this function?

The hour.php and cloneable houresheet.html is finnish, but in a bit confused on how to get started with using couch cms.

Maybe you can tell me what i should read about on couch.com to get started!
7 posts Page 1 of 1