Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello! I have made Posted by: (the account that write gonna show). I using <cms:show k_user_title /> but when I logout with this account it be hidden. But when I login I can see the posted user again.

Is it other code I need to make it always show that I have posted it.
I want it always show the users name if it logout or login. Hope you understand.
@Xtriz3D, 'k_user_title' will always show the title of the currently logged-in user (and hence will be empty if no one is logged-in).

To always display the name of the user who made a particular post, you need to save the user's info along with the post.

Ideally you should create a 'relation' between the 'post' and the 'user' (using extended-user). This way all the info about the user who made the post can be accessed (this is the technique used in our advanced tutorial viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8981).

However, if you just need to display the user's name, you can manage with simply defining a text region and saving the name in it when the post is saved.

Does this help?
KK wrote: @Xtriz3D, 'k_user_title' will always show the title of the currently logged-in user (and hence will be empty if no one is logged-in).

To always display the name of the user who made a particular post, you need to save the user's info along with the post.

Ideally you should create a 'relation' between the 'post' and the 'user' (using extended-user). This way all the info about the user who made the post can be accessed (this is the technique used in our advanced tutorial viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8981).

However, if you just need to display the user's name, you can manage with simply defining a text region and saving the name in it when the post is saved.

Does this help?

Ohh ok now I understand, thats why is hidden. I gonna use text region instead :) Takes just 5 sec to write in a name haha. Thanks, for the great support like always.
3 posts Page 1 of 1