Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Thanks for this awesome CMS. I am using this to help a friend to do a site for a charity. So far it has come out well.

I have implemented the english part of the website.

Now we are looking to do a Tamil version of it. I have seen your post on 3 different approaches to do that.
But my first doubt before going into it is how to do the content editing in admin side either its a text field or a text area? I dont see an option to change the font on the admin pages to type in tamil.

I am not experienced in CMS side nor in typing using tamil.

Please advice.. thanks a lot..
Hi!

Typing in any language depends on installed fonts and keyboards in the Operating System.
Couch has nothing to do with it, it will allow you to type in anything.

Just make sure, that system-reserved names are in latin symbols. Couch here distincts very clearly, for example, page name (system-reserved name) and page title (user input).

Example to define editable:
<cms:editable type='text' name='mytext' >{Here I can write any language of my choice}</cms:editable>
Example to show this editable:
<cms:show mytext /> - will output what is inside of 'mytext'.

You have to only make sure, that names for system like this name 'mytext' are in latin characters. It will change once Couch fully supports multilanguage and utf-8. But it is not much needed for now.
Is it now clear? If not, ask more. I have done sites in 3 languages.
Will try installing a keyboard and font, will try to do a typing then. Thanks a lot,@trendoman
3 posts Page 1 of 1