Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I just realized that I am unable to search all languages item with search function. So, is this supposed to happen this way? i followed this post: viewtopic.php?p=330#p330, to create multilingual website.

I got 2 languages, english and chinese, it seems like it can only search english version not chinese.

I am wondering if couch going to develop a more advanced multilingual website function to overcome SEO and search issues? If not, maybe I should just move on and find a better substitute.

PS: I think the current multilingual website is perfect, it's in the same page, the load time of switch language is extremely fast. It just the damn SEO and search issues... :(
Hi,

I had a look at the code you are using in search.php.
<cms:search masterpage='products.php' limit='12' keywords="<cms:gpc 's' />" >..

From the code above it is clear that only the 'products.php' template would be searched.
However, when I had a look at products.php, I couldn't find any editable region defined in it for Chinese language (please correct me if I am wrong).

So, I can't see exactly what is not being searched for (since there appears to be nothing to search for).

As I already said, I could be wrong in my observation and understanding of the problem. Could you please elaborate a little more?

Thanks.
2 posts Page 1 of 1