Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I understand I need at least 4 characters to search a page. It's default value mysql. I understand I need to access nysql configuration file to edit this line: ft_min_word_len=4.

But the problem is, i am on a shared hosting, my hosting company refused to change that for me. Can anyone suggest anything that I can change this fulltext search less 4 characters without go through mysql configuraion files?
I'm afraid but I don't that would be possible, @nsy.
@nsy, you may employ raw php here. :roll:

The problem here is that you need to prepare a source, containing all the text.
Couch uses a special mysql table, named fulltext, where it stores all values from all searchable editables.

As there are mysql constraints on minimal symbols, you may have to search not on mysql table, but rather a simple .txt file.
Doing so, you would output all values from all editables to a txt file (you might find useful <cms:log /> here). But, think twice, as a simple txt file is not protected without additional measures.

Then, when you have the source prepared, employ <cms:php></cms:php> and search within this txt file. As to correct implementation - please refer to someone who knows php, or google "search in text file php" for sample snippets.

Take care :D
@trendoman, you are really being nice here. But you make it looks like mission impossible to me...

I am a front end designer, the php or advanced code, it looks like dummy text in my eyes.... :roll:
@nsy, thank you, really. Please, be informed, that I am a webdesigner too. The aforementioned solution is not impossible for me, as there is hardly anything people can not learn. But my guess is that it'll take a week or so for me.
The context I provided this answer was defined by
Can anyone suggest anything

So if you find this idea not worth your time estimate - so let it be. I'm by your side.. Sorry, if that was not what you expected. :oops:
5 posts Page 1 of 1