Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I got a products page title, k_page_title: about 1, about 2.

I tried to search the "about 1", it show no result found.

If I change page title to: about1, about2...

It returns with result found. How should I fix this? it seems like space between text is disallowed.
I am a bit confusing, I tried with other search them like "buffet" or "table", it is searchable. It seems like that terms like "about", it's not searchable, any particular reason?

I'm sorry, my question may sound dumb, but I just begin to play with this CMS thing....
Hi,

The 'problems' you mentioned might be explained by certain limitations of MySQL's 'Fulltext search' feature used by Couch (http://docs.couchcms.com/concepts/using-search.html).

1. MySQL does not search for words less than 4 characters in length - that would explain why '1' was not searched.

2. MySQL internally has a list of commonly used words that it excludes from its search. Although I'm not sure about this, but it seems 'about' could be in that list.

When you searched for a single word like 'about2', none of the restrictions above applied and you got the expected results.
So basically the problem is not about space within words but the words themselves.
3 posts Page 1 of 1