Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
15 posts Page 1 of 2
@All Couchies!!!

On suggestion of @trendoman (which really is a great idea), I am creating a new thread for the discussion pertaining to the topic: forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9713.

I would also like to invite all the members in the community to participate in this thread and make this a CouchCMS Community Built Project.

I have done some work on this and I now would want to take it forward with you all as a team.

Just to introduce the project in short, I am quoting the details from the previous post.
I will give a little heads up for what I am doing this "Membership" type of site.

Actually the site that I am doing right now is for a "Blue Collar Job". very similar to http://www.bookmybai.com or http://www.helper4u.in.

What I want to achieve with the member module (extended) is that, from the login page, the following types of users should be able to login:

1. Site Owner (Super Admin): Should be able to administer the site (i.e, on logging in, the site owner should be shown the couch admin panel).

2. Other Users:

Individual Job Seeker: Should be able to login and fill out a form. The form will contain, the individuals photo, identification document(s), basic details (name, age, sex, etc), contact details (address, contact number) and most importantly specify what kind of a job they are looking for (e.g., driver, maid, nanny, etc. from a dropdown). Once done, the individual should be able to view his/her details (profile) and edit any of the details as and when required. (should select user type as individual during registration)

Agency (Head Hunters): Should be able register, pay a fees to get an quarterly/bi-annual/annual membership and then be able to fill out a form (exactly similar to the form as in Individual Job Seekers). Every time the agency creates a new job seeker account, the job seeker should be tagged with the agency name, so that the employer should call the agency for further processing. The agency should be able to edit the job seekers profile.

Employer: Should be able to register and then search for the job seekers. Once the employer zeros upon a particular job seeker:
(i) if job seeker is individual: then the contact details of the job seeker should be displayed.
(ii) if agency based job seeker: then contact details of the agency should be displayed.
But, in order to view the contact details, the Employer should buy a pack. Let us say, the employer wants to hire a driver, then the employer will have to buy a Driver Pack. This driver pack has a validity associated with it of (say) 7days. The employer can then see only the contact details of the people who have registered as job seeker type - driver (and not of others). Once the 7 days period expires, the contact details viewing should be disabled. So whenever the employer wants to hire a blue collared employee, he/she should need to pay for the appropriate pack.

Once the above is in place, the results of the submitted forms of the Individual Job Seeker and Agency (Head Hunters) should be displayed in search.

What and how shall I achieve this. Also, The menu options according to the logged in user should change. For example, Site owner ill go directly to the couch admin panel, but if:
1. Individual Job Seeker logs in: then the menu items should have option of view/edit profile and logout only.
2. Agency (Head Hunters) logs in: then the menu items should have the option of view/edit all forms (even if it is from the couch panel, it wont matter, until they are shown only the forms submitted by them), add new job seeker, logout.
3. Employer logs in: then the menu items should be have the option to view/edit his/her profile, Search Job Seekers (when logged in, the basic page will display a search filter in the body of the page), Select Package to Purchase, View validity of purchased package, view transaction history, logout. Wherein, View validity and Transaction history can be clubbed in and shown as a list.

I hope that as this site develops, it shall come in handy as a tutorial for other(s) CouchCMS buddies, to help understand different aspects such as, Project Planning, Modulating a large site into smaller modules and sub-modules, implementing the Extended-Members Module, Implementing CouchCart, etc.

Its just a try to be able to get the community closer and informed. In due course of the development, I would try to keep up a parallel documentation of the same for the Use Cases too.

Regards,
Aashish
where innovation meets technology
Hi :D
Long text needed to be processed. So I created a mind map, attached. Please, comment on it.

Jobs-sm.png
Jobs-sm.png (43.67 KiB) Viewed 2708 times

From what I see on the map, some things arise:
1. A job seeker would like to create multiple forms. One seeker can be a driver, a construction worker, a translator, a tourist's guide, maid, etc..
2. Employer would like to represent 2 or more companies, and they can be recruiters also.
3. Agency normally, as you mentioned, also creates different profiles. Maybe multiple, with csv import, as there are hundreds of people under agency's umbrella. And they need a form to edit person's detail - name, photo of agent in personal area.

A take on personal area is also attached.

jobs (evolus pencil).jpg
jobs (evolus pencil).jpg (46.13 KiB) Viewed 2707 times

Every personal area (panel/pad) after login may consist of same elements. So, there may be no need in multiple different panels. A panel would then show:
-created profiles
-search all profiles (hidden only for job seeker)
-info on status (paid, unlimited, or name of pack purchased)
-logout

Attachments

@trendoman,
Greetings! Great work to begin with.

trendoman wrote: From what I see on the map, some things arise:
1. A job seeker would like to create multiple forms. One seeker can be a driver, a construction worker, a translator, a tourist's guide, maid, etc..
2. Employer would like to represent 2 or more companies, and they can be recruiters also.
3. Agency normally, as you mentioned, also creates different profiles. Maybe multiple, with csv import, as there are hundreds of people under agency's umbrella. And they need a form to edit person's detail - name, photo of agent in personal area.

1. A job seeker can apply for multiple job opportunities. Its about how good one can sell ones skill. I was thinking of creating a checkbox selection so that the job seeker can go ahead and select his/her skill set when filling an application (no more than 5 skill sets). As an individual, the job seeker shall have free access to post their details. Also, the skill set can be basically folders, with a relation:
Job Seeker can have a One to Many Relationship

And at the end where the registration takes place, we can have the GUI somewhat like:
job selection.png
job selection.png (4.52 KiB) Viewed 2705 times

2. In this case an employer is a person, such as a home maker, old-age people, etc. Who require domestic help. And so we want to target them into being recruiters for their own self. And not mass recruiters. Nevertheless, they can select from their freewill be the people who can actually, hire for their neighbors also.

3. Yup, agency can upload individual or csv based bulk profiles. But, the agency will have limitations. The limitations that I have studied across different sites is pretty straight forward. I suppose we should also implement the same. One of the sites that i have actually studied in-depth is Helper4U. Their approach is what I liked the most. The approach states that, they have packages like:
(a) Single Profile Upload (charge: Minimal)
(b) Upto 25 Profile Uploads (Charge: medium)
(c) Upto 50 Profile Uploads (Charge: High)
(d) Unlimited Uploads (Charge: Highest)
All the packages come with validity too. And once the validity expires, the agency can not upload any more profiles. Additional to this, the profiles are displayed in the search results (even if the agency doesnot renew its membership) for a fixed duration say 3months or 6months depending on their base package. We can even have a different approach, there is no rigidity.

A take on personal area is also attached.

Every personal area (panel/pad) after login may consist of same elements. So, there may be no need in multiple different panels. A panel would then show:
-created profiles
-search all profiles (hidden only for job seeker)
-info on status (paid, unlimited, or name of pack purchased)
-logout

I too was thinking of having an entirely different GUI once an individual/ a member logs in. My idea of the display was pretty much the same as yours. Just to segregate the different views, based on membership type:
1. Site Owner: Currently I had thought of providing the basic couch admin panel, but then i feel that would be unjust, unless we could provide additional functionalities like, exporting Data in Excel/PDF right from Couch Admin Panel.
2. Job Seeker: Personal Image, Profile Editing feature, Document uploaded editing, Number of days before their submission expires unless, they login in again or something of that sort, Logout. They can not search any other profile.
3. Agency: Basic functions + Single and multiple profile upload option, depending on which package they have paid for.They can search and edit the profiles that they have uploaded. Not other profiles. In case they want to see other profiles they are welcome to create a Employer account. The edit profile option will be available only till the 3/6 months fundamental as I mentioned above. But can not add new profiles once package expires. Also, they can not delete any profile they have uploaded.
4. Employer: Basic Functions + Package selection. Only the numbers belonging to the group of the package paid for should be available for viewing. e.g. if they pay for the Nanny package, then only numbers of nanny should be visible to them. Once they zero upon a particular job seeker (and if they input their detail) then we could also set the persons status to hired. Above all, the search that the employer can see is somewhat in my mind set as in this topic http://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7620&hilit=custom+search

Just a query:
Would it be possible and feasible to have the site owner to validate the profiles before they are displayed at the front end? What is your stand on it?

I hope my inputs will be valuable... This is now taking shape too is what I feel, especially with the mind map @trendoman...

Regards,
Aashish
Great! :)
Let's create a collaboration space, so to upload php files and write code. What do you think?

What server environment do you use on your machine? OpenServer is very nice, I can recommend it if you are on Windows. No need to install, just run it. I will provide you with distributive to unpack.

As to collaborative space - maybe http://cloud.mail.ru will be okay for you? You can have 25Gb free and we can share a folder between us, with that openserver and both will have updated msql database and site installation every time (there is a desktop/mobile app to install).
Another service available is https://disk.yandex.ru/invite/?hash=WIJY80YK 10Gb free + 1Gb with this invite, reliable.
Dropbox is not recommended, very small amount of space.
Another great option can be Google Drive https://drive.google.com 15Gb free + can share google docs.
1. Ok so i have added the Jobs folder to my Drive...
2. Downloaded the Open server setup...

Now you will have to guide me through the rest of the process... As This is the first time I will be using drive (this way) and OpenServer (yes I am on Windows, specifically 10)...

I have sent you a Hangout request too... Please accept and ping me...

Regards,
Aashish
Hey Mate!
Im in!

Some question :

- Routes addon?
- Couch default admin panel, or custom admin panel?, while waiting for the new admin panel.

Thx!
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
GoingMarryAsap wrote: Hey Mate!
Im in!

Some question :

- Routes addon?
- Couch default admin panel, or custom admin panel?, while waiting for the new admin panel.

Thx!

Hello Mate!!!
Routes I have not used, but I suppose that will be in for this project... Relations... And custom User/Admin Panel... Thinking to use this panel: AdminLTE
genxcoders wrote:
GoingMarryAsap wrote: Hey Mate!
Im in!

Some question :

- Routes addon?

Thx!

Hello Mate!!!
Routes I have not used, but I suppose that will be in for this project... Relations... And custom User/Admin Panel... Thinking to use this panel: AdminLTE

So, we need to design the frontend and the "admin like" frontend. Adminlte is a good choise. So any suggest for the main template of the web?

And, is there any plotting of work? Like what are you working on, and the other working on? So we can manage it.

Other suggestion, use git. So before the code goes to development server, the team can review it, and commit.

Thx!
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
To keep up with the topic aka blog.

There are two ways of implementing users login. Old members' module and New extended-users. It is really nice to have a list of all website members (non-admins) as pages in a separate clonable template. Thus separating normal users from websites admins/superadmin.

Nevertheless, we decided to go with extended-users addon. It adds comments options, which maybe useful in future. And it will be maintained through times, unlike deprecated members addon.
Hi, I've not red all the comments but something i'll be interested in too.

At the moment i've got my company near to where it want it but i do want to learn more about relations so something that i can get involved with and learn more about.

I'm in. :D
15 posts Page 1 of 2