Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys
Just after some advice.

I have a new website I'm working on which needs 6 separate entities to each have their own blog.
Each one must only be accessible by the corresponding owner.

So, the quick question is:
Would you make 6 completely separate blogs, or would you go for a single blog with 6 'categories' (for want of a better word)?

Has anyone had any experience with this before?

I'm still at the planning stage with this section of the website, so I'd like to make the best choice before I start coding.

Thanks

webecho
Hi Dan :)

Each one must only be accessible by the corresponding owner.
Couch, is not (yet) multi-user - anyone with access to the admin-panel will be able to see all pages i.e. we cannot enforce that a certain set of pages be visible to only a particular user.

So to do what you mentioned, you can either setup six different instances of Couch ('make 6 completely separate blog' as you said).
Each user will have access to her own instance. However, this in all probability will not be a practical solution as, I'm sure, you'll want to list pages from all the six users on the home-page in a single list which won't be possible with this setup.

The only recourse currently available is to create admin panel like functionality for the six users on the front-end by using databound-forms.

It would require a little more work but if you feel like implementing it we have an advanced-tutorial that should help you - please see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8981

Hope it helps.
Thanks KK
Looks like I've got a bit of reading to do before I decide how to approach it.

As you guessed, I do need them all to be part of the same website - so six installs isn't going to do it.

They are actually all Schools working together, so there may be the possibility of just allowing them to see everything and trusting them to only edit THEIR content - will have to talk to the main Client to see if this is secure enough for them.

Meanwhile - I'll do some reading lol

Thanks for the quick reply mate
3 posts Page 1 of 1