Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Everybody

I plan to create a website for a client where his registered customers can login and order products in a one page form with a table of the products and a form input field for each product. The assortment will be manageable by my client within the backend, preferably with a repeatable set of fields in a cloneable page. So my client can structure the assortment by good types (each good type is a cloneable page, each product is a repeatable objekt with image, description, price and product number).

Since his customers order on a daily basis, I would like to remember the last order for each of my clients customers. So when a customer logs in, the form should be prefilled wit the values of his last order.

So my question: How can I save the values a logged in user has filled in the form, when the form is created from cloned pages with repeatable regions, and probably changing assortment?

I would be happy if somebody could help me with that!
Hi :)

To store values into the database, we can use <cms:db_persist /> tag - please see the following thread for details.
viewtopic.php?p=15104#p15104

That said, with the arrangement you mentioned I can see a problem in using <cms:deb_persist />. There is no available way of passing data into repeatable-regions through this tag as that data is a complex data object.

If instead of using repeatable-regions for products you could use normal cloned-pages (with 'folders' being the 'goods type'), I suppose it'd be easier then to persist last order into cloned-pages.

Hope it helps.
2 posts Page 1 of 1