Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi! I've done everything locally, I installed couch and did my website. Now, I would like to upload to the ftp. I basically did drag and drop "public_html" to see if it can be done that way but it returned the following error: Could not connect to database - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO).
I'm sorry if this is something really basic but I just can't figure it out. Thanks
lizardking93 wrote: Hi! I've done everything locally, I installed couch and did my website. Now, I would like to upload to the ftp. I basically did drag and drop "public_html" to see if it can be done that way but it returned the following error: Could not connect to database - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO).
I'm sorry if this is something really basic but I just can't figure it out. Thanks

Where are you going to upload your website? one.com? or some other?

When you have your own "FTP server" you just upload there CouchCMS install.
Then you need to create your own "Database" from your webhost.

In database your always need to have a = Database Name, Database users, Database Password and Database Host.

So when you have create your own database , you just go too Couch -> config.php and open that file and go down too

Code: Select all

// MySQL settings. You need to get this info from your web host.
    // 4.
    // Name of the database
    define( 'K_DB_NAME', 'yourname' );
    // 5.
    // Database username
    define( 'K_DB_USER', 'yourUserName' );
    // 6.
    // Database password
    define( 'K_DB_PASSWORD', '' );
    // 7.
    // MySQL hostname (it will usually be 'localhost')
    define( 'K_DB_HOST', 'webhotelServer' );

and add your own Database name/user/password and server.

I'm not great to explain, and I hope this is what your looking for.
Or you can try this documentation about :

Migrating from development to deployment server
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
@Xtriz3D, I'll second @GoingMarryAsap's opinion - it seems to be an issue of using the wrong database creds (those required for the hosted server will most definitely be different from what you used on the local installation).

You need to get the right database creds for the new location and update couch/config.php file with those.

Hope it helps.
4 posts Page 1 of 1