Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and hopefully you guys can be able to help me.

I'm intrigue about this feature Couch cms have, about editable regions "Simply by surrounding areas in your HTML code by some special tags you can make them editable by your clients."

I'm just wondering about the feature above, do we provide client our admin access or do we provide them personal access on which they can edit some parts of their websites we are hosting?

I'm actually looking for an alternative CMS to wordpress since i'm only dealing with smaller websites,
I'm really really impress to what couch cms can bring and i'm looking forward to using it in the future.

Thanks Guys,
Hi :)

do we provide client our admin access or do we provide them personal access on which they can edit some parts of their websites we are hosting?

When one installs Couch, a 'super-admin' account gets created. This account is meant for the developer (i.e. you) and gives you the capability of adding/editing/deleting editable regions and templates - essentially creating a CMS managed site.

You then create one or several normal 'admin' accounts. These 'admin' accounts are meant for the site-owner (i.e. your client). They can then login into the admin-panel using their account and add/edit contents in the editable regions defined previously by you (i.e. the super-admin).

So there are two different kinds of accounts that are used to access the admin-panel.
You may or may not hand over the super-admin account to the client, that is your choice. Even if you choose to do so, the normal practice is to instruct the client to use only the ordinary 'admin' account to access the panel to prevent them from inadvertently making structural changes to the site being logged in as the all-powerful super-admin.

Does that answer your query?
Yes, Thank you!

I've downloaded couch cms and tried it myself it really is cool. :)

By the way, does it support HTML5 and CSS3? can we develop a fully responsive page?
By the way, does it support HTML5 and CSS3? can we develop a fully responsive page?
Couch is 'output agnostic' - that is to say it does not care what you choose to output using it. It could HTML, XML, JSON or whatever.

So, in a manner of speaking, it already supports HTML6,7,8 and so on :)
Point is, if your original static design, into which you add Couch, is HTML5, CSS3 and is fully responsive to begin with, that is the way it will stay after you add Couch to it.

Hope that answers your query.
4 posts Page 1 of 1