Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, using couch is fun and simple pages are easy to accomplish.

Now, I want to make a small Membership Website with eLearning-Courses

Registered Users see:
- Login/Log out
- Change E-Mail, Name
- see courses they are signed

Admin can:
- Add courses (course overview with lesson subpages)
- asign a registered User to a course
- set a specific starting-date to each member

Content Drip:
For each lesson in a course, the admin can specify when learners will be able to access the page (eg. 7 days after the User started his course) according to the starting-date the admin set to the member.

Can you help me start with this. Would be a great exaple of an little online applikation with couch.
I want to keep it simple and minimal.
chichi
* * * * * * I LOVE COUCH CMS - flexible and straight forward * * * * * *
Hello chichi :)

Every single point that you mentioned can be implemented in Couch.
However, I'll have to add that this would be advanced usage and will require more effort on your part than what a normal site implementation in Couch requires.

If you are ready for that, the 'Advanced tutorial' is a good to place to start with (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8981).

The 'Extended Users' (viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8581) will cover all the user-management needs you listed.

Implementing 'Content Drip', I think, can be implemented in several ways but I'd require more info about exactly how you plan to organize the courses etc.

So, in closing, please take a look at the Advanced tutorial and try to assess if you'd be comfortable implementing something like that. We can take this discussion forward only after that.
2 posts Page 1 of 1