Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, i have some question :

1. What Encryption that couch use for user table in the database ?
[ I have a news system that have 200++ user (password use md5 encryption), and i need to migrate it to new news system that i create using couch. I have a plan to crack the md5 hash, and encrypt it to (any encryption that couch use) :roll: ]
Code: Select all
$P$B4bbr1rPb2fdDhHpNdRaDaTDteXPNu1

2. Facebook Login for Extended User ?
[ I saw facebook login for member module here. I wanna know is it possible to use it with current Exented User? Also what the different between members module and extended user? ]

3. Google+ Login ?
[ Any chance for Google+ login in couch? ]

Thx! :D
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
bump :oops:
As soon as possible!

Hi :)

1. What Encryption that couch use for user table in the database ?
It uses phpass (Portable PHP password hashing framework) - http://www.openwall.com/phpass/.
The same is also used by WordPress, Drupal etc.

I have a plan to crack the md5 hash,
That, unfortunately (or fortunately) is not possible/practical. MD5 hashes are irreversible so there is no practical way to get the passwords back, I'm sorry (unless you plan to use rainbow tables and crack them brute-force :) ).

2. Facebook Login for Extended User ?
I'm sorry but I never got around porting it from 'members' addon to 'extended-users'.

what the different between members module and extended user?
Functionality wise both are identical.
Extended-user 'extends' the native user accounts (like the admin account you use to login into the admin-panel) so you have only one set of accounts (native) while 'members' creates a parallel set of accounts so you end up having two sets of accounts - native accounts and the accounts created by members module.

For newer projects it is recommended to use 'Extended-users'.

3. Google+ Login ?
Not at the moment, I'm afraid. My first priority is to release the new admin-panel version of Couch. Can work on this only once that is done.

Hope that answers your query.
Thx KK.

About the password, i think the only way to migrate the user is only set all the passwords to the same, and inform them via email :lol:
As soon as possible!

4 posts Page 1 of 1