Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello! I have been working with the Extended Users, and Login/registration and all the pages can I see. But When I registration new account, I can see the new account in the admin page list, but when I try to login it says "Account Disabled" I have looked and try to find the sulotion, but can't find it.

And I don't get mail either when i make an account like Activate your account in mail.
Hi,

"Account Disabled" would mean that the cloned-page representing the account is in a 'unpublished' state. This is the default behaviour as stated in 'Extended Users' docs (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/extended-entities/post.htm) -
Next, notice the 'k_publish_date' date being set to '0000-00-00 00:00:00'.
This special date is used by Couch for 'unpublished' cloned-pages. So, the page we are creating will be in an unpublished state and, as mentioned above, this will lead to the creation of a user-account in a 'disabled' state.

In our code, as is the accepted convention, when a visitor creates her account, that account cannot be used right away for logging in. To prevent spam account creation, we send the user an activation link via email instead. It is when the user visits our template using the sent link that we remove the 'disabled' status from the account.

It is expected that the user will activate her own account by following the email sent but you can always edit the page and manually set the status to 'published' from the 'Advanced settings' dropdown.

And I don't get mail either when i make an account like Activate your account in mail.
That's a different matter and not associated with extended users. Please verify that the <cms:send_email /> tag is sending the email from your server or not. Try setting the debug='1' parameter with send_mail to get a log.

Hope it helps.
KK wrote: Hi,

"Account Disabled" would mean that the cloned-page representing the account is in a 'unpublished' state. This is the default behaviour as stated in 'Extended Users' docs (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/extended-entities/post.htm) -
Next, notice the 'k_publish_date' date being set to '0000-00-00 00:00:00'.
This special date is used by Couch for 'unpublished' cloned-pages. So, the page we are creating will be in an unpublished state and, as mentioned above, this will lead to the creation of a user-account in a 'disabled' state.

In our code, as is the accepted convention, when a visitor creates her account, that account cannot be used right away for logging in. To prevent spam account creation, we send the user an activation link via email instead. It is when the user visits our template using the sent link that we remove the 'disabled' status from the account.

It is expected that the user will activate her own account by following the email sent but you can always edit the page and manually set the status to 'published' from the 'Advanced settings' dropdown.

That's a different matter and not associated with extended users. Please verify that the <cms:send_email /> tag is sending the email from your server or not. Try setting the debug='1' parameter with send_mail to get a log.

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot, Now is working I didn't see it was unpublished, and going to look on the Mail command thanks.! CouchCMS are really great, I making my own movie communtiy, so this is great.
3 posts Page 1 of 1