Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I have a week to deal with Couch and more I think it is very very strong.
Blavo! :)
I already have a license, but will soon buy more.

Precisely because like Couch CMS, I want to ask a few questions:
1. How to do so that when I add a new Repeatable Regions, new element to appear not at the bottom, but to show the above the already added items?
This is a very important issue for me and I think for other customers.

2. I have a page with HTML code from multiple images and text that are editable areas. Can I turn that content on all pages on my site? Method with Global values does not work because it inserts only values, but not the entire code. Can the entire source code is inserted as a variable pages and how? (php include not works if the source is editable areas of Couch)

3.1 Is there a simple way to rotated each day of the week different content (like div with images)
3.2 And more - to show the contents of a one div from xx.H to xxx.H then display the contents of another div (banner rotator) the important thing is to be able to editable area to change the hours change

Thank you very much Couch!
Regards.
1. Other than to drag and drop the newest entry from the bottom to the top, there's no easy way to change where a new entry appears in the admin panel. But you can reorder the items on the front end, so the newest (at the bottom) appears first (at the top). viewtopic.php?p=20205#p20205

2. The cms:embed tag works just like a php include, except you can use Couch tags. Put a snippet of code in the snippets folder and reuse it anywhere on the site. http://docs.couchcms.com/tags-reference/embed.html

3. Sounds like an interesting idea. You can probably use the date tag or datetime editable region together with cms:if tags and maybe some math to accomplish this. Couch does give you ways to use dates and times in your code. It's just a matter of figuring out how to do what you want with it.
http://docs.couchcms.com/tags-reference/date.html
viewtopic.php?p=20095#p20095
@orbital, adding just a bit to what @tim explained regarding point no.3 -
Do you have a working sample (i.e HTML/JS) somewhere that you'd want to code using Couch?
As, @tim said, it seems to be something that can be coded up using existing Couch tags.

Let me know and I'd be happy to help you with this.
@orbital, #3 turns out to be pretty easy. Here is some sample code to get you started.

Code: Select all
<cms:set day="<cms:date format='D'/>"/>
<cms:set hour="<cms:date format='G'/>"/>

<cms:if day='Sun'>
    It's Sunday
</cms:if>
<cms:if day='Mon'>
    It's Monday
<cms:if day='Tue'>
    It's Tuesday