Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I definded a repeatable region in one file, let's say index.php

How can I archieve to show that same content of that repeatable region (which would be footer text) in different files (let's say index.php, about.php and works.php) without defining it for each file.

probably very easy...

Thanks for any help!

Best regards,

P.Hansen
Hi Pierre,

For showing data from regions defined in one template on other template, the trick is to bring the original page in context. Let me explain - suppose a text region named 'my_text' is defined in a template named 'contact.php'. To show its data on any other template (say 'index.php' or any other) we *cannot* simply use the following as 'my_text' won't be found -
Code: Select all
<cms:show my_text />

What we need to do is to first bring contact.php into context and then call cms:show as follows -
<cms:pages masterpage='contact.php' limit='1'>
</cms:pages>

In the snippet above, we are assuming that contact.php is a non-clonable template.
The 'limit' set to '1' above is redundant for non-clonable templates (as they only ever have a single page). However, had it been a clonable template, without the 'limit' of one the code above would have looped through all its cloned pages and shown 'my_text''s value from each page.

So if you need to show data from one particular page of a clonable template (say 'blog.php'), we can additionally specify that cloned page's name e.g.
<cms:pages masterpage='blog.php' page_name='some-blog-entry' >

With that understood, you'll see that the method required for repeatable-regions is no different.
Normally we use the following for showing repeatable-region's data in the same template that defines them
<cms:show_repeatable 'my_repeatable'>
    <cms:show 'my_text' />
</cms:show_repeatable>

To do so in another templates, the code now becomes the following (if the repeatable-region is defined in a non-clonable template, say, contact.php)
<cms:pages masterpage='contact.php' limit='1'>

Or the following (if the repeatable-region is defined in a clonable template, say, blog.php, where the code below will fetch data from a cloned-page named 'some-blog-entry')
<cms:pages masterpage='blog.php' page_name='some-blog-entry' >

Hope it helps.
This is by far the fastest help section I know!

Went to the coffee machine, came back, problem solved.

I will work it trought.

Thank you very much!!

Pierre
3 posts Page 1 of 1