Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello folks!
I need some advice regarding the following situation:
there is a page, let's say "Products", which has some introductory texts (editable, type='richtext') and some images (editable, type='image'), then down below a 4-tab section (let's say "Metal", "Wood", "Paper", "Plastic") where, in each tab will be an arbitrary number of products, also with some editable fields. Each product will be assigned to a predefined folder named as above sections. Now, if I define the WHOLE page clonable, for each product that I enter, also I will have the INTRODUCTORY text and images, which I don't want. My question is how can I define 'clonable' only the product part but not the introductory text and images, from the same page?
Thanks a lot!!!
Hi :)

Please see http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/ ... -ends.html
specifically the 'Global values' section in it.

Hope it helps.
Hi KK, thanks for your answer and thanks a lot for developing CouchCMS!
Let me see if I get your suggestion right: you are saying that I should "split" the page in two templates: one with all the introductory / common texts and images, which will be not defined as 'clonable' and will be 'non-executable', and another one with a template for a product, with 'clonable' and 'folders' attributes? Then "join" their output via 'global' or via 'get_custom_field' tags? Did I get it? :) Thanks!
Yes, indeed. That is how it is supposed to be.
Sorry folks for bothering you again, but I can't figure if "repeatable" region can be used along with "folders". What I'm trying to do is emulate gallery-type page by using "repeatable" tag, because it allows me to reorder the fields. Thanks a lot!
5 posts Page 1 of 1