Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
I just developed a first site using Perch, turned it over to the client, and after one day of editing, he managed to wipe out all the images on the site. :(

I'm still not sure how that happened, however it destroyed my confidence in that CMS. Quite honestly I think I've tried or at least looked at most of the CMS's available. I've been a Joomla developer for years. I love joomla, but have experienced a lot of hacking with it, and it is way overkill for many of the sites I create.

I gave myself a quick crash course on Couch last night and this morning. I already have most of that site I created in Perch, re-coded with Couch. All I need to add is the blog.

Having worked with the two - so far I like Couch much better!

Perch may have a fancier website, video tutorials, etc. but the Couch documentation and example site/tutorial is crystal clear and the logic and construction of the tags is much easier to understand in my opinion. The perch videos are rushed and not detailed. They talk very fast and don't explain things clearly enough.

I hope I have found a CMS I can stick with!

I will be purchasing a license for this site I'm working on, After having just paid for Perch :( I want to make sure I can get everything to work with Couch first.
Hi and welcome, @vwatson :)

I'm glad you found Couch easy to work with.
Do let us know in case you happen to require our help with anything.
2 posts Page 1 of 1