Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
hello again ... with @KK's help (see http://www.couchcms.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=9251) I now have an event's calendar feature functioning and being populated by AJAX. I was wondering if that by definition means that when the site goes live and I have changed k_use_cache to '1' in the config file the page willl never be served from cache?

With a standard use scenario (i.e. no AJAX) of cms:calendar would I be right in thinking that with cache switched on we could end up with previous month being displayed?
Hi potato,

and I have changed k_use_cache to '1' in the config file the page willl never be served from cache?
On the contrary, it'd mean that the page would be served from the cache (and not generated in full, as is normally done).

With a standard use scenario (i.e. no AJAX) of cms:calendar would I be right in thinking that with cache switched on we could end up with previous month being displayed?
The month is explicitly stated in the URL (e.g. index.php?cal=2015-12) so there is no question of a different month getting served, even with the cache on.

I think you can safely turn on caching regardless of whether AJAX is used or not.
2 posts Page 1 of 1