Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey,

Is it possible to create routine back-ups of the database?

Would this be done by creating a local backup using install_ex.php each time a change was made?

Thanks in advance!
We don't have any dedicated module for doing the backup, I'm afraid.

The 'install_ex.php' produced by gen_dump utility can serve as a database backup measure, although that is not its basic purpose.

I've seen @potato providing a clear link to the utility and instructions within the admin-panel to her clients (perhaps she can share her code here :) ). I think if you can make your client save the dump file at regular intervals, we'll have a basic safety net in place.
Thanks KK.

Off-topic, I don't suppose you know how to remove .php extension from url do you?

I've tried adding a php re-write to the gen_htaccess, but it doesn't seem to work and breaks the /admin/ in the process...

Thanks again!
remove .php extension from url
Which URL? gen_dump.php?
Sorry to be more clear..

I'm trying to remove .php from all URL's.. So for example: /index.php to /index/ or contact.php to /contact

Is this possible?

Thanks
Beautiful :D

Thank you so much!
I've posted something in Tips & Tricks on the backup link ...
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9267
Hello friends
You can create a backup of your site quite easily. Account backups can be performed using the cPanel -> Backups functionality for your hosting account. If your account is not too big in size (under 500Mb) you can perform a full account backup just with one click.

If the account is too large (over 500Mb) for the full automatic backup the files and the databases should be backed up separately. In this case you would need to know what your web site consists of and thus what should be backed up/restored. Sites consist of files and databases. You must take care of them all if you want to have your site exactly the way it has been before.
I come from a joomla background where I installed akeeba backup on every site. They have developed a standalone product that can be used on any site. I think it's well worth the investment if you have a lot of sites.

https://www.akeebabackup.com/products/akeeba-solo.html

You can automate it to backup with a cron and send it to remote storage like Amazon or Dropbox.
10 posts Page 1 of 1