Forum for discussing general topics related to Couch.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey,
if created a template and added several dropdown menu so the user can select between a few color styles for the new template.

There are 4 dropdowns in total arranged under each other.
Is it possible to arrange thos horizontaly like when using the repeatable tag?

2 of those 4 dropdowns only have affect if the first dropdown is set to the specific value.
In my case the first dropdown menu allows you to select if you want to blur the background image of a container.
the 3. and 4. dropdown menu allows you to configure the css filters (brightness and blur intensity).
Is it possible to hide these in the admin panel if "blur" was not selected? (or gray out those options?)

Thanks!
Hi,

Out of the box, the current admin-panel offers only very limited customization. So, I'm afraid, it won't be possible using the regular method of changing the cms:editable definitions.

That said, I suppose you could do all that pretty easily had it been on the front-end of your site, right?
Well, good news is that you can use your front-end design within the admin-panel also.
Please see http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/d ... forms.html. Specifically the 'Custom admin screens' sections down in the page.

I suggest you try that to tailor the admin screen exactly to your liking.
It is a little on the advanced side but I'm sure you'll be able to use it.

Hope it helps.
There's also a quick hack you can use. The "message" type of editable region (http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... ssage.html) is meant to provide information and hints to the client in the admin panel. But since it outputs code verbatim, it can be used for slipping small hacks like this into the admin panel.

What you want is to inject some css to affect the layout of certain regions and a client-side script that dynamically shows/hides a region based on the content of another. Both can be injected using a "message" type editable region.

Code: Select all
<cms:editable name='admin_hacks' type='message' />
   <style>
      #k_element_my_region {/*style the region*/}
   <style>
   <script type="text/javascript">
      document.write('Hi there!');
   </script>
</cms:editable>
3 posts Page 1 of 1